finished practicing clarinet... fun. excited about the wood clarinet i ordered today. last time i had a good clarinet was 15 years ago [10:13 pm]
Last weekend I covered Defcon 16, the world's largest hacker convention for Wired.com's Threat Level blog. Like last year, I was paired with Kim Zetter, one of Wired's best writers and an all around cool person.
Zetter wrote all the serious articles, which I provided pictures for. These articles included:
- E-Passports Signed, Sealed, Delivered -- But Not Like You May Think
- Researchers Crack Medeco High-Security Locks With Plastic Keys
- French Reporters at Black Hat Booted from Conference for Hacking Fellow Reporters
- Federal Judge in DefCon Case Equates Speech with Hacking -- Updated with Recording from Hearing
I did end up writing a few features that weren't hard news, but were still fun to write and shoot:
- A First Ever Look Inside The Defcon Network Operations Center
- Exclusive Defcon 16 Badge Sneak Peek
- The DefCon 16 Mystery Challenge
- Images From the 16th Annual DefCon
I had a great time this year at Defcon, it was my 8th Defcon and I can't wait for next year. I'm looking forward to working with Zetter again and getting another tour of the NOC!
i love jQuery [6:03 pm]
just completed an amazing post-defcon sleep marathon 12 hours FTW [9:27 am]